The Design Engineer is primarily responsible for creating design documents from conceptual through constructible detailed design. This role will also work as an individual contributor capacity on specially assigned projects by management.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop conceptual designs for preliminary budgeting and sales presentations.
- Design semi-complex to complex mechanical HVAC/R/P/Energy and facility system design for current and potential customer base.
- Design tasks will include program requirements, design analyses, calculations, system and equipment selection and layout.
- Coordinate all support activities required to complete all design efforts and quality assurance process.
- Ensuring site evaluation as required, customer interaction, design development of systems, documentation of key deliverables.
- Depending on work load, may require project management of identified projects.
- Requires working in a team environment that includes managers, sales, estimating, VDC, construction and service operations and administrative personnel.
- Involvement may be necessary during the construction and servicing phase.
Qualifications & Training:
- Associates in Applied Science in related discipline is highly desirable. BS degree is a plus with equivalent work and field experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
- Demonstrated 2-5 years experience in HVAC/R/P/Energy system knowledge.
- Proficiency with MS Office, MS Project and AutoCAD.
- Ability to work in a team environment on complex sales that include financial, political and technical strategies.
|Education||Associate Degree required. BS desired.|
|Experience||2-5 years experience with HVAC/R/P/Energy systems.|