Energy Engineer Internship
Responsible for assisting with project opportunities regarding preliminary and detailed facility audits.
The key requirements include, but are not limited to:
• Assist sales in identification and qualification of potential projects.
• Support benchmarking of facilities’ utility use and costs compared to applicable standards (CBECS, etc.).
• Assist in technical aspects of preliminary and final proposal development.
• Analyze blueprints to identify mechanical, electrical, control systems and determine facility operational characteristics.
• Support development team in auditing customer sites to document existing conditions and equipment and identify improvement opportunities.
• Create a scope of work for recommended improvement measures; Develop an understanding of the information required to obtain pricing from internal estimators and subcontractors
• Understand the process for determining potential savings and overall project opportunity.
• Support development team by utilizing all applicable rebate and grant programs to maximize benefits to customers
• Collect and analyze performance data for completed projects to support measurement and verification activities
• Work in a team environment that includes managers, sales, estimating, design / CADD, construction & service personnel to gain an understanding of all of Danforth’s offerings.
Experience & Requirements:
o Microsoft Application Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
o Presentation skills and public speaking
o Team building and success focus
o Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create results driven, team oriented environment.
BS/BA in related discipline is highly desirable, and advanced degree is a plus with equivalent work and field experience.