The Estimator is responsible for analyzing project documents to accurately estimate costs related to labor, materials, equipment and Subcontractors.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To provide a detailed quantity labor and material take off of all systems.
- To review and assess the estimating documents to ensure a successful and complete low bid.
- To identify and report on risk and opportunity/scope.
- To obtain suitable number of competitive quotations and compare on a like for like basis.
- To work collaboratively as a key member of the estimating team.
- Attend pre-bid meetings.
- Review bid documents with the Chief Estimator prior to bid.
- Assist in fostering relationship with subcontractor and/or supplier.
- Assist in ensuring the flow of project information is maintained and documented.
- Participate in the transfer of information on successful projects including the job kick-off meeting.
Qualifications & Training:
- Bachelor of Science in related discipline is highly desirable. Minimum of 5 years or more estimating HVAC and/or plumbing projects.
- Be proficient in all computer software programs used in estimating with particular emphasis on Quick Pen estimating software.
- Strong knowledge of HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Ability to professionally communicate the basis for individual work product when in a highly stressed environment.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done.
- Candidates must possess strong work ethic.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create results driven, team-oriented environment.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
John W. Danforth Company is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a workplace free from discrimination. All employees and applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
|Job Category||Acquisitions, Operations|