The Procurement Construction Buyer seeks quotes on pricing and availability of materials from a variety of suppliers throughout all JWD operating regions and markets to ensure operational counterparts are adequately supplied with materials and equipment necessary to do their jobs at all times.
Buyer must be able to juggle a wide variety of tactical and strategic tasks aimed at setting JWD apart as a leader in the construction industry.
Position is fast paced, high volume and often challenging. A buyer must be detail oriented, organized, highly responsive and hardworking – willing to put their heads down and work hard all day while remaining attentive to serving our customer’s needs provided their unique constraints.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process daily transactions ensuring orders are processed timely, accurately and corresponding to developed purchasing strategies set forth by the Procurement Manager.
- Effective verbal and written communications with customers, vendors and coworkers.
- Execute strategic initiatives as directed by Procurement Manager (may include but not be limited to: rebate tracking, estimating support, shop material coordination, rental tracking, etc.).
- Extensive interaction with computers required for communication, processing orders, coordinating invoice processing.
- Position requires 10%+ travel aimed at advancing partnerships, training and overall buying power.
- Applicants must be organized, hard-working, attentive to details and customer oriented.
- Applicants with strong working knowledge of HVAC/Plumbing will be highly considered
- Solid computer skills (required: MS Office; Recommended: Dynamics GP, Google tools).
- Ability to coordinate and process dozens of transactions simultaneously while remaining attentive to customer needs and details.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience collaborating with manufacturers, vendors and customer (internal and external).
- Proven task and time management skills.
Qualifications & Training:
- Required: 5+ years of experience in construction industry, preferably in HVAC/R, Plumbing.
- Preferred: High School Graduate
- Must have the highest degree of integrity, enthusiasm and willingness to represent the company in the most professional, positive manner.