We are looking for a Procurement Specialist in our Tonawanda office who can seek the best pricing and availability from a variety of suppliers throughout all JWD operating regions and markets ensuring our shops and field employees receive what they need on time and on budget.
John W Danforth is located in Tonawanda, N.Y., with a culture that rewards teamwork, accountability, integrity, respect. The position is fast paced, high volume and often challenging in a work hard play hard environment.
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain key relationships with suppliers to ensure continuous improvement process
- Negotiate purchasing agreements focused on availability, price and delivery
- Assist in achieving annual rebate and cost savings goals
- Process requisitions, manage work flow ensuring orders are processed timely and accurately
- Confirm internal requirements ,communicate to our suppliers ensuring proper and timely delivery to the shop and field
- Buys goods and services using the organization’s ERP systems: Req. Net & Microsoft GP or other systems
- Promotes an atmosphere that facilitates open and effective communication
- Continuous sourcing of new suppliers to get best price and availability
- Develop innovative approaches to review procurement process effectiveness
- Applicants with strong working knowledge of HVAC/Plumbing will be highly considered
- Solid computer skills (required: MS Office; recommended: Dynamics GP, Google tools)
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Must have the highest degree of integrity, enthusiasm and willingness to represent company in the most professional, positive manner
John W. Danforth Company is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a workplace free from discrimination. All employees and applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.