Come join Danforth, one of the largest mechanical contractors in the Northeast! We are an employee-owned company and believe that our greatest asset is our people! We are adding to our team and would like to talk to you about everything we have to offer from a great benefits package to supplying our customers with turn-key solutions for any HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, critical environment, custom metal fabrication, energy performance, or specialty mechanical project.
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow with a company? If so, we are looking for a Project Engineer in Buffalo, NY to support our project management team.
You will be responsible for:
- Scheduling of direct and indirect project work
- Interfacing with Client and Owner Representatives
- Review of Project Scope with Field Foreman
- Assuring project is entered into Corporate System accurately and completely
- Review invoice amounts with Client and request project invoicing from Accounting
- Attend Project Meetings as required
- Attend Weekly Inter-Office Scheduling and Coordination Meetings
- Perform onsite inspections of work in progress and review for Client satisfaction
- Maintain a daily log of activities and correspondence
- Assure that tools and equipment are returned
- Coordinate activities between field and shop, subcontractors and Owner’s suppliers
- Review cost reports and variances
- Negotiate and administer scope changes in the work
What we are looking for:
- 3 years’ experience in the industry or a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Associate’s Degree in a Construction related field.
- Proficiency in computer based management systems
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs to view potential work
- Ability to perform typical office activities
- Ability to perform difficult physical maneuvers including lifting, stretching, climbing, crawling, etc. No handicap amenities provided
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to effectively work with craft people and client personnel