We are looking for a Purchasing Agent in our Victor location supporting Rochester and Syracuse who can seek the best pricing and availability from a variety of suppliers throughout all JWD operating regions and markets ensuring our shops and field employees receive what they need on time and on budget.
John W Danforth is located in Tonawanda, N.Y., with a culture that rewards teamwork, accountability, integrity, respect. The position is fast paced, high volume and often challenging in a work hard play hard environment.
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain key relationships with suppliers to ensure continuous improvement process
- Negotiate purchasing agreements focused on availability, price and delivery
- Assist in achieving annual rebate and cost savings goals
- Process requisitions, manage work flow ensuring orders are processed timely and accurately
- Confirm internal requirements ,communicate to our suppliers ensuring proper and timely delivery to the shop and field
- Buys goods and services using the organization’s ERP systems: Req. Net & Microsoft GP or other systems
- Promotes an atmosphere that facilitates open and effective communication
- Continuous sourcing of new suppliers to get best price and availability
- Develop innovative approaches to review procurement process effectiveness
- Applicants with strong working knowledge of HVAC/Plumbing will be highly considered
- Solid computer skills (required: MS Office; recommended: Dynamics GP, Google tools)
Qualifications & Training:
- Must have the highest degree of integrity, enthusiasm and willingness to represent company in the most professional, positive manner